Austin is known for its loooong summers, but we get some cold days too. We might get a 90 degree day sprinkled in January or February now and then, but there are definitely some chilly days that
Wintertime In Austin
Austin is known for its loooong summers, but we get some cold days too. We might get a 90 degree day sprinkled in January or February now and then, but there are definitely some chilly days that leave Austinites wondering what to do when we can't enjoy the outdoors of our beautiful, green city.
Here is a list to get you of the house and avoid cabin fever:
1. Check out The Blanton Museum of Art: The Jack S. Blanton Museum of Art at the University of Texas at Austin is one of the largest university art museums in the U.S. with 189,340 square feet devoted to temporary exhibitions, permanent collection galleries, storage, administrative offices, classrooms, a print study room, an auditorium, shop, and cafe. There are rotating temporary exhibitions, and permanent pieces as well.
2. Go Bowling: Highland Lanes at 8909 Burnett Rd has some great specials!
Dust off the those bowling shoes and get ready to roll!
Sunday 9:30 am to Noon.
$8.00 per person
Unlimited Bowling and Shoe Rental.
8:30pm to Midnight
$10.00 per person includes
Unlimited Bowling and Shoe Rental
3. See a play: The Vortex is a really great venue for theater in Austin. With an intimate setting, a gorgeous bar with fantastic cocktails, an award-winning Italian food trailer, and an impressive outdoor seating area for when it warms up, the Vortex and Butterfly Bar have it all.
OUTSIDER FEST 2019 - QUEERIOSITIES
FEBRUARY 20-24, 2019 | OUTSIDERFEST
Annual Festival and Conference celebrating the bold originality and creative nonconformity of the LGBTQ+ communities through film, dance, theatre, performance art, music, writing, and visual art.
4. See some comedy: There are tons of venues, but one of my favorites is still Capitol City Comedy Club at 8120 Research Blvd #100. They have a mix of bi, traveling acts, and popular local comics. I've been lucky enough to have seen Wanda Sykes there, as well as Kevin Heffernan and Steve Lemme, from Super Troopers.
5. Brewery Tour: Beer is nice in any weather! Luckily for all the beer aficionados, we have a plethora of breweries in our city.
These are the ones closest to my neck of the woods that I enjoy:
Austin Beerworks: 3001 Industrial Terrace
Oskar Blues: 10420 Metric Blvd This is a live music venue as well
Adelberts: 2314 Rutland Dr #10
There are so many things to do in our fun, vibrant city! Don't let the rain or cold get ya down!
I grew up in Round Rock, and graduated from the University of Texas at Austin. I’ve lived all over our wonderful city, and I am a proud new home owner in the North Austin area. I am very passionate ....